Everything is a puppet show that can use very cheap tricks to win the favour of a public greedy for entertainment.
This is not a problem because problems have solutions and this does not. It is a reality of the civilization of our time, from which there is no way out. In theory, the law should fix the limits where information stops being in the public interest and infringes a citizen’s right to privacy. But in most countries such a ruling is available only to stars and millionaires.
In the civilization of the spectacle, the influence that culture exerts over politics does not help it to maintain certain standards of excellence and integrity but instead contributes to its moral and civic decline, stimulating its worst aspects, including, for example, bad acting. In the prevailing culture, politics has been increasingly replacing ideas and ideals, intellectual debate and programmes, with mere publicity and an obsession with physical appearance. As a consequence, popularity and success are achieved not so much through intelligence or probity as through demagogy and a talent for histrionics. We are thus left with the curious paradox that while in authoritarian societies it is politics that corrupt and degrade culture, in modern democracies it is culture – or what usurps the name – that corrupts and degrades politics and politicians.
==Notes on the Death of Culture: Essays on Spectacle and Society (Llosa, Mario Vargas)
What’s the point of having this superb military that you’re always talking about if we can’t use it?
==Madeleine Albright, Clinton’s Secretary of State, comment made to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Colin Powell
Over the past few days I have been traveling from the remote mountain valley of Trout Creek, Montana to a Elk, Washington and am now ensconced in an absolutely lovely cabin which I will call home for the next month. I have come close to making the decision that northern Idaho is one of the few places left in America that I feel best suited for the coming deluge of an unholy trinity of economic collapse, civil unrest and government tyranny. Events, which unfortunately, I believe to be absolutely inevitable. Elk Washington is beautiful, as I peered out my window just now a large deer sauntered by, but this state is far to PC progressive for my tastes, despite pockets of resistance.
Perhaps more unfortunately, for me at least, I am off to an excellent dentist I discovered in Sandpoint, Idaho to have a molar capped. Apparently, chomping on hard corn kernels is not so good for one’s teeth, at least with the aged pearlies still solidly ensconced in my mouth!
So, I will make a very brief summary of my thoughts in bullet points.
- There is a vast difference between narcissism and hubris, though in most cases one accompanies the other. Narcissism is a trait. Hubris, which sounds much like its meaning, is an “unacceptable arrogance” accompanied by behavior that is hurtful and insulting to others. Narcissists think nothing of these traits since this is an intrinsic part of them. These attributes combined with a lack of conscience or empathy describe a human being who moves through his/her life doing whatever they want by manipulations, deceptions, chronic lying, endless humiliation, psychological sabotage, exploitation and the infliction of terror and fear.
- Obama is a narcissist, in fact, he very likely suffers from NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder). He can do no wrong and relies on no one except himself, demeans the ides of others and fakes his tears as he did in his recent bid to gain acceptance for his gun control efforts. As you may be aware, it is biologically impossible to cry from only one eye unless there is a medical condition or that is the eye you rubbed with some form of irritant for effect.
- Trump suffers from an overwhelming hubris, he does have real empathy, he does hire excellence and listen to the advice of others. He is simply arrogant and a bloviater, not a congenital liar like Obama. He will thus be more likely to fade in this election process and be happy with the showing he generated and the applause from many. It will not derail him. Obama, with NPD can never acknowledge his defeats, for to do so would cause him to admit things his psyche cannot handle without collapse. This makes him the most dangerous man in the world.
- Hillary is the most dangerous woman in the world. She is pure, unadulterated evil.
- The power elites will not allow the global revolution against them to succeed.
- Expect false flags, further total disregard for the sovereignty of the people in all nations as the immigrant hordes continue to pour in and civil unrest, right-wing violence and racial tensions erupt in America and in Europe.
- This is all planned and will be met by martial laws, as in France.
- The economic collapse is coming, the stock market is the last place you should be playing with, unless a professional trader taking advantage of the inevitable volatility. Get the hell out of the markets.
- There is no exit from the self-serving stupidity of the financial and transnational banking elites. The game is over and the unraveling has started again.
This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence — economic, political, even spiritual — is felt in every city, every statehouse, every office of the federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military–industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together.
— President Dwight D. EisenhowerDwight D. Eisenhower was a five-star general in charge of the Normandy Invasion and a popular two-term President of the United States. Today he would be called a “conspiracy theorist.”