Henry George prophesied that the great American republic was headed to hell, that like Rome, “so powerful in arms, so advanced in the arts,” it might too be done in by the forces of economic and social division and moral decline at loose in the land. Progress and Poverty, George’s famous book, was in part inspired by the astonishing railroad insurrection of 1877.
George asked a fundamental question: What exactly was the relationship between progress and poverty? Under the conditions of late-nineteenth-century industrial capitalism, he concluded, the relationship was toxic; progress spawned poverty. All the mammoth factories, miraculous machines, and soaring metropolises, every landmark of Progress with a capital P, incubated poverty, ignorance, morally asphyxiating materialism, and a looming social Armageddon.
“civil government… so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or all those who have some property against those who have none at all.”
===The Age of Acquiescence: The Life and Death of American Resistance to Organized Wealth and Power (Fraser, Steve)
Ortega attributed the crisis of Western culture to the “political domination of the masses.” Today it is the elites, however—those who control the international flow of money and information, preside over philanthropic foundations and institutions of higher learning, manage the instruments of cultural production and thus set the terms of public debate—that have lost faith in the values, or what remains of them, of the West.
the new social movements—feminism, gay rights, welfare rights, agitation against racial discrimination—have nothing in common, but their only coherent demand aims at inclusion in the dominant structures rather than at a revolutionary transformation of social relations.
According to Kaus, the most serious threat to democracy, in our time, comes not so much from the maldistribution of wealth as from the decay or abandonment of public institutions in which citizens meet as equals.
The trouble with our society, from this point of view, is not just that the rich have too much money but that their money insulates them, much more than it used to, from the common life.
==The Revolt of the Elites and the Betrayal of Democracy (Lasch, Christopher
I have been absent from my unobtrusive and overly repetitiously themed website ( really find the word “blog” so odd sounding and slug-like) for two specific reasons. First and most time consuming, I am in the process of selling almost everything I own of value and preparing to head somewhere considerably more remote and hopefully physically and mentally safer from what I expect to be many years of socioeconomic, market and civil chaos than Newport, RI. and the entire East Coast; the second reason is simply that the events of the last few weeks are so mind numbingly disturbing, bordering on the surreal, that I find it difficult to find any solid ground in the overwhelming array of very obvious signals of the coming collapse and the total tyranny that will be the well-planned response by police states around the world that I am temporarily, existentially frozen by the astounding absurdity of all.
The self-made tar-pits that are sucking civilization down into an agonizing death are now closing in around us, and yet we seem not even able to struggle to save ourselves. Now it is far too late. Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are not enough. Our collective primal scream has to become less of a cacophony of disparate voices seeking still to gain solidity of rank and participation in a political and economic system that is nothing but a lie, before there is even a smidgen of hope. The corruption of this nation is so deep that almost all of any prominence in business, politics or those that presume the term of civil leaders that there feted breath would make the devil cringe.
Intentionally designed to disgorge our true freedoms, replaced by the so-called freedoms of endogenous sexuality, met dependencies and the growing mantra of collectivist songs and the right to choose to be either with them or against the them with the force of the coercive force of State and invasive propaganda against those who choose poorly, the power elites have now all but completed the destruction of what were once considered the God given inalienable individual rights of all Americans, if not of all humanity.
We are in the final innings of a very long play, one that has spanned generations. Balkanzied socially, economically, sexually, and now linguistically and historically; the American people have been dumbed down and turned into relative eunuchs in a process that for anyone that could step out of the matrix, the false reality projected at our society from our very first breath, the evidence of elitist collective planning by intent or, at best, by unifying class visions gained from birth or absorption was and is overwhelming. However, facts and truth do not hold sway in a brainwashed land, but not for ever. The power of facts, the brightness of undeniable truth and humankind’s inherent desire to truly be free from the indentured servitude and slavery of mind and soul that is the path we now travel, will win out in the end. In the meantime, total chaos is coming if not already here. Chaos on a global scale.
There is no exit. None, at least that does not require most of the globalized and unfortunately now infected with the ubiquitous Anglo-Saxon crony-capitalist system, based upon finance and creative credit induced consumption and faux wealth, to implode in a cathartic miasma of pain, chaos and self-destruction.
All leading to War.
Just a few quick random thoughts:
- Financial and economic collapse is inevitable, it has been for many years now; just postponed by the greatest con-game in the human history led by the Federal Reserve and other central banks and fully supported by the wealth and power elites they serve.
- How anyone can be long equities today is beyond my comprehension.
- The inevitable happens, it is happening now.
- Police State America will become increasingly tyrannical as the rule of law; is now but a fading memory.
- Corporations are not “people.” This legal evolutionary protective moniker is a creation of modern industrial and finance capitalism to serve the elites that rule them, giving an unearned protected and overwhelming influence over every aspect of our lives. If corporations were people many of them should be disgorged of their assets under the now pronounced laws of civil forfeiture, their past and present leaders thrown in jail and any remaining subsidiaries, that have even a modicum of honest rational for existence, chartered as they were by individual states before the courts took over in the late 1800’s.
- One of the most evil of them should be the first to be destroyed and its senior management thrown in solitary confinement with others who have committed crimes against humanity. The Monsanto corporation is one of the most insidious and evil purveyors of death and human deformity that has ever existed.
- The Federal Reserve and all central banks around the world must be dissolved, now. They serve only one master. The fiat currency and financial credit system created by the banking and wealth elites was designed for one purpose; to provide for the needs of those that created them in the darkness and slime of secrecy of intent and raison d’etre.
- Think of the right solutions back in 2008-2009. There were far better ends than bailing out bankers and financial capitalists with the trillions from governments and central banks alike. Clear the system of all debts and outlaw the fractional reserve banking system; create a gold backed currency issued by newly state authorized banks that are immune from the pressures and corruption of our national government that has become removed from all democratic legitimacy.
- Today, the entire economy and financial system is a house of cards built upon lies and a fraud so enormous it is destined to destroy not only America, but the entire world. Regardless of the total surveillance states capacities to shut down all unwanted protests and embryonic rebellions, “we” the people allowed this to happen and must share in the blame.
- What matters now is what comes next?
- Is there any chance to preventing, in a just and liberating manner, the total socioeconomic collapse that I and minds far more fertile and prolific with the written word now foresee? This may be where I part company with my fellow Cassandra’s of doom ( remembering, of course, that she was ultimately proven right), for I believe it is far too late for hope and very likely for any actions that could reclaim America for the people it was created to serve. Too late at least without the test of fire, chaos and the inevitable authoritarian response of an elite that will never give up its corruption, its wealth nor power without a serious fight.
- Prepare in anyway you can, even it is only psychologically. For most just the shock of uncovering the truth will be enough to generate a collective heart attack. Now is the time to pick at the cobwebs of our self-delusions, reject the memes and propaganda of a system that has sought successfully to enslave us.
- The next few years will not be easy by any means. As I have occasionally mentioned over the past several years, the risks to the Potemkin Village that is American democracy are increasing very day and the forthcoming “elections” may be subsumed by the chaos and inevitable resulting tyranny. This is the path of all empires. This is the path of all democracies. To think that America is unique is an example of our national hubris that will drive us further and deeper into the abyss.
- Finally, just one question:
- Why in the name of God is Hillary Clinton not behind bars? It is more than revolting that this evil, odious, lying (and pardon my words please), bitch is still considered by her adherents to be a viable candidate for anything but cleaning the toilets in prison. It is a testament to the degradation of this nation to the lowest common denominator of those who inhabit the cesspools and dark alleyways of the American mind.
The most lucrative jobs in America involve running Wall Street scams, lobbying for private interest groups, for which former members of the House, Senate, and executive branch are preferred, and producing schemes for the enrichment of think-tank donors, which, masquerading as public policy, can become law.The claimed payroll jobs for July are in the usual categories familiar to us month after month year after year. They are domestic service jobs—waitresses and bartenders, retail clerks, transportation, warehousing, finance and insurance, health care and social assistance. Nothing to export in order to pay for massive imports. With scant growth in real median family incomes, as savings are drawn down and credit used up, even the sales part of the economy will falter.Clearly, this is not an economy that has a future.
[gview file=”http://www.troutinmilk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Financial-collapse-leads-to-war.pdf”] [gview file=”http://www.troutinmilk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/The-Collapsing-US-Economy.pdf”]
Source: The Collapsing US Economy